Friday, April 17, 2020

The Thought Fox

This morning we talked about and tried to understand The Thought Fox by Ted Hughes. It is actually about not knowing what to write - I'm sure you can all relate to that! Here are a few of the poems I have received so far. Keep up your great learning team!

Staring down into a wite abyss
Ready but realising my train of thoughts left the station without me
My mind is falling endlessly
But my body is still


Disaster in the air
Reaching helplessly for the keys
I stumble upon a wall
Horrible thoughts cross my mind


An idea upon me
As the wall starts to crumble
Light has awoken
Now i stare at a full page

           By Louis

Simone
Looking through the window 
I see an array of colours 
A blanket of clouds 
Shield my thoughts .

A hole tears open the fabric
enveloping me
I am plunged into a thick mist
Confused and alone.

I fall ,and I fall,never landing
Hands reach out full of keys
But none of them open my mind
It is still locked.

In the doorway a light flickers
Panic and haste take control
Suddenly from deep in the mist 

A light bulb appears.

The Fox
Maddy Cogle

Staring above on a starless sky,
The lights come, but flicker away 
The common halts create an abyss of sorrow in the depths of my mind.
I walk on, longing for some sort of perception.

Urgency begins to overflow
lack of light becomes antagonizing,
I fall, I land on a track.
Before me lay two paths 
One is blank, the other is packed with stars, on an inky sky.

There is no way out, I am forced to make a decision. 
But I don't, 
I pull out my book,
And begin to write.


My thoughts Samantha Foote 
I imagine darkness 
Where happiness is lost 
Leading me away 
And disappearing. 
My thoughts overpower the past 
As lies are unleashed 
Eddying to the ground 
They call for help. 
My memories fly wild 
As they fall apart 
I wonder 
As it forces me to run. 
Enveloping me into an abyss 
Rays of light 
pierce through the clouds 
As I wait for the future. 

1 comment:

  1. i like how you say that there are no keys to unlock my mind.

    ReplyDelete