Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Hopefully your children have been coming home talking about their habitable planet designs. They are working in groups of four currently and great skills of negotiation are on display. Students have been working on a range of designs of what may be included on their planet - things like domes, mountains, rivers, volcanoes, farming equipment etc.
Today we began papier mache on our huge blue balloons. Check out some of the photos below.
|Gabriela making changes to her group's design|
|Different views of designs|
|Katie and Max working superbly together|
Friday, August 7, 2020
Thursday, August 6, 2020
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Monday, August 3, 2020
- William was blown away by there perhaps being 100billion planets that may be habitable!
- Simone was amazed that Mars has changed and perhaps there used to be life there!
- Samuel found out that there are 8.7million species on Earth!
- Isabella discovered that a thicker atmosphere means a hotter planet, and a thinner atmosphere means a colder planet - Earth is 'just right'!
- Georgia found out that there are 200billion stars in the Milky Way.
- Maddox found out that there are six chemical elements that can be found on every planet.
- Greta was blown away by every star has at least one planet.
- Charlie was amazed that magnetic fields might be needed to keep the atmosphere together.
- Arya wondered that if in the future Venus might cool down and become habitable.
- Quinn found out that an atmosphere is needed to have liquid water.
- Did you know that our system is not the only solar system!!!