Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday Sharing

It was so exciting to see so many Nav 2 faces this afternoon on our Google Meet chat - thanks for getting on board with us, we really do miss you.

Joseph has written a couple of great poems for us to enjoy, and Samuel has sent some photos of what he has been up to.

Enjoy your weekends together.

THE SPIDER.
Joseph Scott

She builds invisible traps, weaving them. 
she lurks in the shadows, asleep,
waiting for a bug to be cursed into her baffling home.
The bugs' frantic efforts are not enough to make the trap generous.
It does not let go.
the spider's fangs pierce the skin,
it wraps it up and scuttles back to wait for its next meal.


IF I WAS THE WIND.
Joseph Scott

If i was the wind i would
i would knock over trees
whistle down to the beach
and rough up the seas.

If i was the wind
I would reach out for kites,
and plop them in trees,
way out of sight

I'd sweep into gardens,
first thing in the morning,
I'd capture the washing
without any warning

I'd gather up clouds,
and cover the sky,
then whisk them away
in the blink of an eye

If I was the wind
I'd fly high and fly low
But where I had come from,
No-one would know.

Wild family hut

Flag quiz

Banana bread and lolly cake - before they were gobbled!

No comments:

Post a Comment