Friday, May 29, 2020

R15 Poetry

This morning the Year 5s in Room 15 wrote some stunning poetry.

Asher
I look into a puddle
Lifeless illuminating dark souls
Which represent the futures of incredible disasters which fade
And emotions flutter by
Emotions that have happened in the past.

How I Created This Viral Puddle Reflection Picture in Photoshop ...

Tighe
As I walk to a window
Something catches my eye
A never ending mass of silvery light.

I gaze deep into its icy depths
It reveals my true self
That was forgotten long ago
I stare at my true self
Illuminated by the many stars above,

I take my last glance
As a cloud lazily drifts over
As I turn away I think
Can I change?
Will I change?

Window shadow (With images) | Window shadow

Chloe
Thinking and wondering about myself
When I see a future
Whose is it?
Is it mine?
Can't be
It's in a puddle on the sidewalk.

Then I realise it's from the past
When I was shy
But rude
But silly
And leads me here
Where I'm proud.

File:Puddle Reflection (14026859339).jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Alice
Thinking and wondering
Who's the real me?
I look in the sea
Waves crashing on my reflection.

Should I be proud or should I be ashamed?
When I look into the future
I have a vision
But it's just white, that's what I see
Nothing
Is this really me?

I feel lifeless, nothing around me
I need to change but how?
I decide to peel off my mask
I realise I should be proud
Because this is me!

Self-reflection – Teaching Humble Hearts

Clem
Thinking and wondering
Is this me?
Letting myself
Grow into a lie?

Is it right?
To join myself
In a life of truth
With no mask?

A meet with reality
To set a line
A row of facts.

Honesty
Is hard to face
But sometimes
You have to change.

Behind the Mask: Where Our True Self Waits

Marshall
Thinking and wondering
Is this me?
Am I in my true form?

I stare into my reflection
Astounded, dumbstruck and filled with fear
How did I choose this destructive shameful path of horror.

Who am I,
Just a lifeless shadow
In the darkness,
Then...

Piercing through the fake me
Illuminate this dark room
Leading a path to destiny
To the real me
Not that horrid mask.

All the dirty lies and mistruth
Disintegrating in the distance
This is me!

Me and My Shadow - TryEngineering.org Powered by IEEE

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Incredible poems and amazing language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these sound amazing nice work guys ~greer~

    ReplyDelete