Friday, May 22, 2020

Mirror Poems

Joseph
My eyes are pulled towards the mirror,
I see the mask,
But with cracks,
Cracks of horror.

I try to conceal it,
But a gateway forms,
Revealing a realm,
A realm that is bathed in solemn truth.

My true self comes screaming out,
Followed by a cascade of fears,
Then I emerge from my abyss,
Leaving a skeletal mask to lurk around inside.

The world greets me,
And I run away,
Away from my meek, uninhabitable lair.

Falling into the Abyss on Twitter: "Call to action from the LCAG ...

Hidden
Maddy
I look into a mirror,
The light above my head flees
A forlorn cages appears,
Trapping me.

Fear envelopes this grief-ful  cage
Solitude fills the desolate room
Wrath has hidden
So has ecstasy.

A path appears
Then another
I have a choice
I throw off the blanket and walk into the world.

Cage of darkness - The beginning of the dark - Wattpad

Hidden Face
Samuel
I step towards a mirror
My mask fits in its place
But I see cracks
Too many to repair.

I have no choice
But to simply remove my mask
Revealing the face of my true self
My scary self.

I stare
I stare at the eyes
I stare at the mouth
I stare at the face that has been hidden.

I throw my mask at the wall and destroy it
I walk out
And show the world my true self.

Can you break my mask? - Cracked - Wattpad

The Mirror
Arya
As the mirror beckons me towards it
A mask forms against the swirling mist
But a crack is making its way around the mask.

The mask shatter in the mirror
And it reveals my true self
My scary self
My forgotten self.

Lies engulf me
The rage of my inner self breaking the chains
Cursing me for eternity
As I fall into the unknown.

Repairing a Cracked Mirror | ThriftyFun

The Mirror
Rosa
I take a step and stare into the mirror
Fear envelopes me
My mask is sliding sideways
Revealing a flash of the truth.

My secret unravels
And pins me to the wall
The chains of my past grasp my lie
So I can conceal myself no longer.

I simply have no choice
But to accept my fate
I remove my mask
And the screaming stops when I reveal myself.

Spitboy - True Self Revealed (1993, Vinyl) | Discogs

4 comments:

  1. They are all incredible poems.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great poems.
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosa, yours was amazing, i really like the last line on the first stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rosas yours is amazing and everybody else

    ReplyDelete