Monday, May 11, 2020

Letters to our Future Selves

This morning our students began writing letters to their future selves about our current unprecedented situation. Below are a couple of examples.

Dear Samantha,

Hello, how are you?

 I am in very mysterious times right now because there is a global pandemic (coronavirus) killing millions of people! My parents are going crazy and my brother is getting bored and I just want to get back to school! Surprised I’d say, that’s what I was like when Ms Saxon and Miss Perry said “SCHOOLS ARE CLOSING” (crazy right?). So far, unfortunately we have had 21 deaths and 1,144 confirmed cases but the good news is 1,371 people have recovered. 

Is coronavirus still infecting people? If so, how many people are getting infected and how many people are dying?

During the day (while mum and dad are working) I am normally doing school work or if not I am having fun. We go on our adventures by walking, biking or even running once (or even twice) a day. There are four levels, level 1, level 2, level 3 and worst of all level 4, right now we are in level 3. When the coronavirus has been defeated I am excited to have fun with my friends and go back to school. 

Kind regards Samantha.


Dear Jai 

How are you 30 year old self? I’m good. What do you like doing? Do you still like football? Are you a famous football player? Do you like ice cream? Are your brother and sister still annoying?

How many times have you been in isolation before? I’m in isolation now and it is very BORING. We are in isolation because of the coronavirus. We are not allowed to see or play with any other people other than your family members or people you live with. I’m looking forward to being back at school because I want to see my friends. It’s irritating to see the same four people every single day. I am in isolation with my Mum, my Dad, my sister, my brother and my three cats Gussy, Missy and Gypsy (who is 17 years old)! The only good thing is that my Dad is usually away all the time for work but now he’s here. 

Some of the things we have done in isolation are: sleeping in the tent and having a midnight feast that wasn't at midnight, playing on the trampoline every day (apart from when it’s raining), annoying my brother and sister (I was going to do a water bucket prank on them until Mum said I couldn't), going for walks and bike rides. 

I’m looking forward to having a haircut because if I don't have one soon my hair will be too long and I won’t be able to see anything! 
From Jai

2 comments:

  1. Jai, yours is very funny.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed writing to my future self and describing what is/was happening.

    ReplyDelete