Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Dear my future self...




Dear Clement.


It is funny to write to you because you are me, and I am writing to myself.
Does that make sense? This is a letter from you to yourself. Confused?
That makes two of us. Or is it one of us?


What can I tell you about me (and you) that you (we) don’t already know?
Well, if I do know anything about you (and me) it’s that we can be forgetful.
So, here’s some things you may want to know about yourself, Clem Arnold, aged 10.


Do you remember the Covid-19 pandemic?
Coronavirus was a terrible disease that tragically killed 200,000 people worldwide.
Luckily we had a very sensible Prime Minister (Jacinda Ardern) who shut down the
borders and placed New Zealand  into full lockdown 25 days after the first case of
Coronavirus was reported.


In my bubble (a bubble in a small group of people who are allowed contact with
each other during lockdown) I have:
My mum (Kate), my Dad (Matthew), me (you), my cat (Beanie) and my
dog (Colonel Boo Boo).
Other family members, not in my bubble, include my grandfather  (Doug ) my
Grandmother (Jill ) and in Australia my other grandfather (Richard ) and my
other grandmother (Roslyn ). 


At school we have pods (a group of 1-4 classrooms). In my pod the teachers
are Miss Perry and Ms Saxon. Some of my friends are Marshall, Charlie, Joe,
Max, Finn, Sebastian and Oliver.
Do you remember them? At the moment I can’t talk to them in person, but we chat online.


Now I hope you are still reading this because you and I both know that you’re
distracted easily so please go back and read the whole thing again.


I would like to ask you some questions, future me, and please answer honestly
because I’ll know if you’re not being truthful. Because as you know you are me.


My questions for you / me are:
  
  • How old am I?


  • What high school do i go to (it’s ok if you cannot answer this because
  • you might not be in high school yet if not please tell me if you and me
  • have moved, have moved schools🏠)?


  • What are your (my) hobbies (you (we) don’t have to be good at them)?


  • What size shoes do we wear?


  • Do we have pets?


  • Did we become an architect?


  • What car do we own (are there even cars) ?


  • Do I have a wife, if so do we have children?


  • In the future are there any more Harry Potter books?


  • Do we have abs like Batman?


  • How tall are we?


  • How many houses do we own(it’s ok if we only own one, or none)?

     Yours sincerely,

     Clement (your past self) 





                                                       
Dear Adelle ,
How's it going ? I'm okay ,you know why?  Well because
we are in lock down!!! I am 9 and turning 10 in 7 days!
I hope my birthday is not in level 4 or 3 the reason is
because you can not invite friends over and family.
I am very grateful because it looks like my birthday is
going to be in level 2 some kids in my class  have had
their birthday in lock down ( or level 4 ). 

Anyway, we also have been looking after this dog called
Brie. She is 13 years old ( in human years not in dogs
or she would be way older ) . Guess what she did last night ?! 
Well at night time ( when my brother and sister and I are
asleep ) dad took Brie outside so she could go loo. While
she was doing that dad was having a shower when he
came to let Brie back inside guess what she didn’t come ! 
After a little while there was a knock on the door, dad
opened it and Fin ( our neighbor ) was holding Brie
and wondering if it was ours !  He said she went for a
walk on the street!!!!!! But sadly we have to give her back today . 

Are you still good at skateboarding ? Are you married ?
What job do you have ? Have you got a motorbike ?
Do you have a pet ?  Are you flatting ? How many
countries have visited ?  

From Adelle xoxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment