Thursday, May 14, 2020

Poetry

Determination
Greta

As i finish the last chatper of the book
The pandemic slips away
I set out to find a different book
With confidence in my soul.

The journey is tough
But inside i handle it with ease
Walking for miles and miles
Over land and sea.

I reach my destination
All my hard work repaid
As the future lies ahead
I wait.

I wait for days and nights
The time coming closer
Hoping that my death will be peaceful
My mind blank.

Waves dancing and trees singing
The giggles of the birds echo
As the time has come

The world slowly fades away into darkness.



A Serene World
By Simone 

I walk into a garden,
though I'm blinded by fear of the past .
a tree branch reaches out ,
beaconing me closer.

A door opens from the trunk.
I enter a room filled with opportunities.
I grab one,
It brings me to a serene world .

A place that is peaceful and jubilant.
I will stay here to live in the future.
My eyes are restored.
Again I am joyful










1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing poems Greta and Simone. I liked all the descriptive language and how Greta connected it with coronavirus.

    ReplyDelete