Monday, March 30, 2020

Hello from Miss Shine

Kia ora everyone,

I hope you are enjoying the first day of the holidays and are finding lots of fun things to do. I have enjoyed seeing your photos and poems on the blog.

There are four of us in my house. Myself, Kemal, Izzi, who is nearly ten, and Mollie the dog. Today we dressed up warm and went for a walk in the rain. Mollie stayed home because she is getting quite old and needs lots of rest! We also made a chocolate cake and tonight I think we will watch a movie.





We are growing some mircro greens, which are like mini salad leaves. They started as seeds and we have been watering them three times a day.  At the moment they look like this:

They are starting to sprout now. In a week or two they will be ready to harvest and add to salads. They will end up looking something like this:


It is interesting watching them change. They grow so fast, although yesterday we accidentally sprayed them with spray and wipe instead of water. Whoops!! I hope they will be okay.

I am looking forward to seeing some of your holiday activities uploaded on the blog and I will check in and share some of the things we are doing at my place.

Stay safe, be kind and look after your family.

Miss Shine.


No comments:

Post a Comment