Friday, August 7, 2020

Risk

The Year 6s had an interesting discussion this morning about how our class put ourselves out there for every opportunity, and how that is a huge risk as we might fail.
Last week the Year 5s wrote strong poems, today the Year 6s decided to up their game!

Levi
As I take a deep breath
Standing on the edge of a dark void
Enveloping the fear
My heart is racing deeply
Realising it could take away everything,
Or stay the same.
Always scared within.

Void Wallpapers - Top Free Void Backgrounds - WallpaperAccess

Simone
I glide above an unknown void,
Finally free from my chains.
I dive into the dark abyss,
Fear surrenders to courage.
For if you are without risk,
You are without freedom.

And your existence is meaningless.

Open clouds – Let freedom ring! | InfoWorld

Sam
As risks entice solitude
Trying to be free
Freedom fading away
Leaving only realisation.

As hope emerges
Changing
Changing the choice
Forcing me to avoid tranquility.

Exorcising everything,
Falling into an abyss
Wondering what is beyond the darkness,
Engulfing nothing
Everything is gone,
Gone forever.

DailyWritingChallenge Day 18: Freedom – Ethical_Leader

Arya
As I step beyond the valleys of hope,
I have nothing left to hold onto
I venture further into the depths
Creatures lurk in the shadows
Trying to lure me to pain and agony
But that is a risk for me to take.

They who do not try shall never live
I head further into the shadows
I emerge at a clearing
And I realise this is the end
And I plunge into darkness.

Peaks and Valleys – Pure Devotion

Georgia
Disappointment
To survive is something but to risk is everything.
To hide, to savour
Beyond the earth,
A note of failure,
Crashing down.

Realisation hits me
I clamber over mountains
Reaching for pride
To survive is something but to risk is everything.

Supply chain risk management — The Red Flag Group®

6 comments:

  1. well done guys! your poems sound amazing. good use of language!
    by Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poems everyone! Georgia your language is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done guys! Love all your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, awesome poems every one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great language everyone. I wish i could write like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!Levi yours is amazing!I really like the last two lines.

    ReplyDelete